Emission Sampling System (ESS) 7917
Hot gas sampler and diluter for nanoparticles
The ESS is designed to sample aerosol particles from hot exhaust gas, e.g. from engine exhaust or stacks. The sampling probe features an integrated two-stage dilution system. The dilution air of the first dilution stage is preheated, dried and free from organic gases in order to avoid condensation. The second dilution is a cold dilution with particle free air. The dilution ratio depends on the volume flow rate of the measuring system.
Example:a sample flow of 1 lpm results in a dilution of 1:100 if both dilution stages are used, and 1:10 if only one dilution stage is used. Less sample flow results in a higher dilution ratio, and other dilution ratios are available upon request. The ESS can be connected to Scanning Mobility Particle Sizers (SMPS+E or SMPS+C) for measuring particle size distributions or to CPCs for measuring total number concentrations.
The Emission Sampling System consists of:
• A heated sampling probe with integrated hot diluter
• A second (optional) cold dilution stage
• A control unit for air flows (closed loops with isotherm critical nozzle as flow control) and temperature settings
• Filters, dryer and charcoal absorber for the dilution air
• Sampling from hot gas with temperatures up to 500°C
• Heated sampling probe (up to 200°C) to prevent condensation and particle formation
• Accurate and stable dilution ratios
• Operation optionally with one or two dilution stages
• For combination with SMPS systems or CPCs
• Operation requires power supply only
• SMPS+E or SMPS+C for measuring size distributions
• CPCs for measuring total number concentrations
The GRIMM universal software 5477 operates CPCs as counters only, and SMPS systems for measuring size distributions. It can be used for SMPS+C (CPC as detector) or for SMPS+E (Faraday Cup Electrometer, FCE, as detector).
• Measurement of size distributions in stepping mode and in fast scanning mode
• Calculation of size distributions in real time following the standard ISO 15900
• Values of external sensors and service data are integrated.
• Compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems (XP or newer)
• Preconfigured on a netbook
• Data loggers and the online transfer of data to internet servers are supported
• Calculation of number, surface, and mass size distributions, optionally with or without various corrections, and several statistical parameters