Tungsten Oxide (“WOx”) Aerosol Generator 7860
Special aerosol generator for small particle sizes (1.2 – 20 nm).
This aerosol generator evaporates a tungsten wire by indirect heating. The subsequent controlled condensation of gaseous tungsten oxides generates monomer and polymer tungsten oxide clusters and thus very small tungsten oxide (“WOx”) particles. The generator needs an external supply of pressurized air for three air flows. The air flows and the heating rate can be manually adjusted by the user to influence particle size and concentration.
• Particle size 1.2 – 20 nm
• Concentrations up to 10^10 P/ccm
• Three different air flows to adjust particle size and concentration
• SMPS+E for fast measurement of size distributions down to 0.8 nm
• 7865: Replacement heating unit
• Replacement tungsten wires
The GRIMM universal software 5477 operates CPCs as counters only, and SMPS systems for measuring size distributions. It can be used for SMPS+C (CPC as detector) or for SMPS+E (Faraday Cup Electrometer, FCE, as detector).
• Measurement of size distributions in stepping mode and in fast scanning mode
• Calculation of size distributions in real time following the standard ISO 15900
• Values of external sensors and service data are integrated.
• Compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems (XP or newer)
• Preconfigured on a netbook
• Data loggers and the online transfer of data to internet servers are supported
• Calculation of number, surface, and mass size distributions, optionally with or without various corrections, and several statistical parameters