Faraday Cup Electrometer (FCE 5705) and Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer (SMPS+E)
The reference in the field of nanoparticle counting and sizing
GRIMMs unique design of the Faraday Cup Electrometer (FCE) 5705 avoids internal contamination by using clean rinse air around the isolation of the cup. This results in superior long-term stability, fast response time, and very low noise level. This FCE is usually combined with the DMA Controller 5706, which can generate all needed air flows, read the FCE signal, and control the voltage of an optional Differential Mobility Analyser (DMA). The DMA Controller 5706 offers a variety of settings for sheath and sample air and thus a high flexibility for many experimental setups.
The complete Grimm SMPS+E system includes:
• The Faraday Cup Electrometer 5705
• The DMA controller 5706
• A Differential Mobility Analyser
Any component can be ordered separately.
• SMPS+E offers maximum flexibility for fast scanning of size distributions in a large size range (0.8 – 1100 nm)
• The FCE can be used as primary reverence for CPC calibration, e.g. for calibration following the PMP standard for automotive application
• The FCE enables data reading frequency of up to16 Hz
• The FCE features very low noise level and excellent long-time stability
• No consumables are needed and regular cleaning of the FCE is unnecessary
• All GRIMM DMAs: L-DMA, M-DMA, and S-DMA
• 5522-A: Neutraliser, Am-241, 3.7 MBq (needs licence)
• 5520: Neutraliser, annular Dielectric Barrier Discharge (aDBD, non-radioactive, no licence needed)
• 7917: Emission Sampling System (ESS), diluter for hot gas
• 5529: Base plate to fix FCE, DMAs, and DMA Controller
• 5441: Carrying case for SMPS+E
• 5483: Flowsplitter
• 5535 and 5536: High-Flow DMA for Sheath air up to 150 lpm
• 5561: Electrostatic Precipitator
The GRIMM universal software 5477 operates CPCs as counters only, and SMPS systems for measuring size distributions. It can be used for SMPS+C (CPC as detector) or for SMPS+E (Faraday Cup Electrometer, FCE, as detector).
• Measurement of size distributions in stepping mode and in fast scanning mode
• Calculation of size distributions in real time following the standard ISO 15900
• Values of external sensors and service data are integrated.
• Compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems (XP or newer)
• Preconfigured on a netbook
• Data loggers and the online transfer of data to internet servers are supported
• Calculation of number, surface, and mass size distributions, optionally with or without various corrections, and several statistical parameters