PMP-CPC: Condensation Particle Counter for Automotive Applications
The CPCs model 5430 and 5431 are designed for measurements in compliance with the PMP regulations.
The GRPE particle measurement program (PMP) has developed regulations for measurement of particle number concentrations in car engine exhaust for EURO 5/6 and subsequent standards. To ensure compliance with these regulations, each individual CPC is calibrated on a test stand with a Faraday Cup Electrometer (FCE) as primary reference. Both candidate CPC and reference FCE are supplied with identical concentrations of monodisperse soot particles from a Combustion Aerosol Standard (CAST) generator. The calibration comprises particularly the counting efficiency of 50 +-12% at 23 nm, counting accuracy, and linearity.
• Each individual instrument tested and certified
• With (model 5431) or without (model 5430) integrated sample pump
• Rugged design for easy integration into test racks
• Unique saturator key for easy transport without drying
• 5441: Carrying case
• 5483: Flowsplitter
• 7917: Emission Sampling System ESS
The GRIMM universal software 5477 operates CPCs as counters only, and SMPS systems for measuring size distributions. It can be used for SMPS+C (CPC as detector) or for SMPS+E (Faraday Cup Electrometer, FCE, as detector).
• Measurement of size distributions in stepping mode and in fast scanning mode
• Calculation of size distributions in real time following the standard ISO 15900
• Values of external sensors and service data are integrated.
• Compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems (XP or newer)
• Preconfigured on a netbook
• Data loggers and the online transfer of data to internet servers are supported
• Calculation of number, surface, and mass size distributions, optionally with or without various corrections, and several statistical parameters