Condensation Particle Counters (CPC) 5420 and 5421
Stationary high-accuracy counters for 19’’ racks
The Condensation Particle Counters (CPCs) 5420 and 5421 are the result of continuous development of GRIMMs world-wide appreciated technology. Signal processing was considerably improved to achieve a high concentration range at essentially zero false counts; and excellent linearity. These universal butanol CPCs are designed for mounting in 19’’ racks, e.g. in the GRIMM EDM665 Wide Range Aerosol Spectrometer for outdoor measurements. Notably, these CPCs are equipped with rugged pumps and fully suitable for long lasting continuous measurements. The CPC may be ordered with (5420) or without (5421) SMPS options; an upgrade is possible.
• Advanced stationary CPC, optimized for long-term measurements
• Detects particles > 4 nm
• Measures concentrations up to 150000 P/ccm in single count mode and up to 10^7 P/ccm in photometric mode
• Unique saturator key for easy transport without drying
• Self-tests to assure highest reliability of measured data
• Additional sensors e.g. for measuring humidity in sample air
• EDM665: Stand-alone outdoor system for size distributions 5 nm to 32 µm
• 5475: Labview Software pre-installed on 10" NETBOOK
The GRIMM universal software 5477 operates CPCs as counters only, and SMPS systems for measuring size distributions. It can be used for SMPS+C (CPC as detector) or for SMPS+E (Faraday Cup Electrometer, FCE, as detector).
• Measurement of size distributions in stepping mode and in fast scanning mode
• Calculation of size distributions in real time following the standard ISO 15900
• Values of external sensors and service data are integrated.
• Compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems (XP or newer)
• Preconfigured on a netbook
• Data loggers and the online transfer of data to internet servers are supported
• Calculation of number, surface, and mass size distributions, optionally with or without various corrections, and several statistical parameters