Mini Wide Range Aerosol Spectrometer, Mini-WRAS 1371
The highly compact and portable Mini-WRAS, Model 1.371
A symbiosis of an optical particle counter and electrical mobility spectrometer
Measuring from 0.01 to 35 µm and wireless operation
For many years GRIMM has been manufacturing different versions of aerosol spectrometers, which are used frequently in the field. More often than before the question is: Can the smallest particles be detected with these instruments? For the first time, this is now possible.
Two technologies were combined within the new Mini-WRAS (Mini Wide Range Aerosol Spectrometer): (a) the optical aerosol spectrometer and (b) a stepping mode operated electrode with faraday cup electrometer. Thus, the scattering light diameter of 0.20 to 35 micrometers and the diameter of the electrical mobility from 10 to 200 nanometers can be combined in a wide size range. 41 size channels are being measured every minute, ranging from 0.01 up to 35 micrometers and are released continuously.
With a total weight of only 7.6 kg, an integrated battery and advanced data communication interfaces (Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet and RS-232), this aerosol monitor is unique in the world.
• Release of measurement data every minute as particle number in 41 size channels
• Portable, compact and with integrated rechargeable battery and air drying
• Distribution of count and mass or output according to occupational health standards EN 481 (inhalable, thoracic, alveolic) can be indicated via Bluetooth and user-friendly software
• Readout of PM10, PM2.5, and PM1 values is also possible with the software
• Does not need any butanol
• Does not need a radioactive source
• For the user, the Mini-WRAS 1.371 offers the complete possibilities when saving or retrieving the measurement data. The data can be conveniently accessed and checked online via Bluetooth or RS-232 at the workplace per laptop or tablet. Additionally, the measurement data is stored on an USB flash drive.
Data interfaces of the Mini-WRAS 1.371: USB, Bluetooth, RS-232
LabView® Software 1378
With the new software 1378, a user-friendly and powerful software based on LabView® has been developed and programmed by GRIMM. The software is compatible with all 32- and 64-bit Windows operating systems from XP and up. Values are displayed numerically or graphically as follows:
• Particle count concentration in all channels as particles/liter and particles/cm³
• Mass fraction: PM10, PM2.5, PM1 and simultaneously the occupational health values according to EN 481 (inhalable, thoracic, alveolic) in µg/m³. The updating, display and output of measuring data takes place every minute and is therefore not only suitable for data acquisition and analysis, but also for presentation.