Professional Outdoor Measurement System EDM 365
The mobile aerosol spectrometer and fine dust monitor EDM 365 The product group EDM 365 takes on the challenges of the 21st century
The mobile environmental dust monitor EDM 365 was developed and designed by Grimm for the mobile industrial use. The demands of the 21st century – flexibility, mobility and cost efficiency – are completely fulfilled with this fine dust monitor. This high-tech stand-alone system EDM 365 satisfies customers world-wide with its high precision and the low maintenance and operating costs. The EDM 365 detects airborne particles from 0.25 to 32 µm (single particle count) in real-time and without the loss of the semi-volatile compounds (Nafion drying). Every single aerosol particle is detected in the optical measurement cell and then allocated to a defined particle size based on the intensity of the scattering light signal. This precise and reliable single particle count allows for a simultaneous measurement of the dust mass fractions PM10, PM2.5, PM1 and also the particle size distribution in 31 size channels. In order to guarantee the precision of the measurements, and to protect the measurement cell from contamination, a share of the constant 1.2 l/min sample air flow is filtered and brought back into the device as rinsing air. The outdoor weather protection housing is thermo-isolated and has incorporated automatic heating and proportional ventilation. The EDM 365’s readiness for use is verified by a self-test at every start-up. With the data logger 1142.M5, access to the environmental dust monitor is granted at any time via internet, so measurement data can be visualized or retrieved in real-time. Unique features of Grimm’s EDM 365 are reliability, flexibility and the high cost efficiency of the device. No other comparable stand-alone device allows you to simultaneously measure the dust mass fractions PM10, PM2.5, PM1, and particle size distribution in 31 channels. For output of the environmental measurement data of the EDM 365, the high-performance evaluation software 1178 was developed by Grimm and tops off the package.
The 8 most important performance features of the model EDM 365:
• Complies with the standards EN12341 and US-EPA
• Output of measurement data as dust mass fractions PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TC (Total Counts), and particle counts in 31 channels
• No loss of semi-volatile compounds due to Nafion drying
• Output of measurement data in real-time (6 seconds)
• Self-test for verifying readiness for use at each start-up
• Permanent rinsing air for keeping the optical measuring cell clean
• Mobile stand-alone system
• Low maintenance and operating costs
Modular expandability of the measurement modes:
EDM 365-C: PM10 and PM2.5
EDM 365-D: PM10, PM2.5, PM1 and TC
EDM 365-MC: PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TC, and simultaneously 31 size channels from 0.25 to 32µm
• 1178 32-/64-bit software
• 365-SVC upgrade kit, including dual sampling pipe with integrated Nafion drying andheater up to 300°C
• 119 small spare parts set for the 179 only
• 318 spare parts set for the second year
• 157L sensor for humidity, temperature, and pressure
• 158L sensor for humidity, temperature, air pressure, wind direction, wind speed
• 159L sensor for humidity, temperature, air pressure, wind direction, wind speed and precipitation
• 180-DF additional head for the sampling pipe 182 (for extreme cold areas)
• 160V2 D/A converter adapter for PM10, PM2.5 and PM1; output 0-10V, range 0-6,000 µg/m3
• 1142.A4 data storage card 4 MB
1142.M5 data logger
With the data logger you can wirelessly retrieve and display your measurement data in realtime via the World Wide Web. The data of the EDM 365 and the connected sensors are simultaneously collected and combined into one data string. Furthermore, the data logger can be used for the remote control of the Grimm dust monitors. The storage capacity of the data logger is good enough for several years of continuous measurement.
The 365-SVC comes with a non-heated sampling pipe with Nafion drying and a heated sampling pipe (up to 300°C). Due to the alternating sampling between the heated sampling pipe and the sampling pipe with Nafion drying, the proportion of the SVC-fraction to the total dust mass can be determined.
LabView® Software 1.178
With the new software 1.178 GRIMM programmed an excellent, user-friendly application software based on LabView®, which is compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems from XP and up. PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 values are displayed numerically or graphically. Additionally, values of external climatic sensors and service data can be displayed.
The display and output of measuring data takes place in real-time (every 6 seconds) and is therefore suitable not only for data recording and data evaluation, but also for data presentation.