Mobile Outdoor Measurement System EDM 164
The compact high performance fine dust monitor EDM 164
A small fully automatic aerosol spectrometer inside a portable weather housing.
The EDM 164 – made in Germany, at home around the world!
The EDM 164 was developed as a small system for mobile dust measuring demanding high standards. It is often used for mobile hot-spot monitoring, construction areas, tunnel tests, or in outdoor areas. The fully automatic system EDM 164 convinces satisfied customers around the world with its reliability, its accuracy, its sturdiness, its compact set-up and its durability under various climatic conditions.
The EDM 164 detects all airborne particles in a size range from 0.25 µm up to 32 µm in real-time with a particle size distribution in 31 channels. Every single particle is detected in the optical measurement cell and classified into defined particle sizes based on the intensity of the scattering light signal. Only this precise and reliable single particle definition allows an accurate calculation of the dust mass fractions PM10 and PM2.5 as well as PM1. The EDM 164 executes a self-test prior to every start in order to verify readiness for operation and the device status is continuously monitored.
Via the optional data logger 1142.M5, access to the environmental dust monitor can be granted at any time via the World Wide Web. The measurement data can then be visualized or retrieved in real-time
Furthermore, the EDM 164 impresses with the low maintenance cost and by not having the need of consumables
Unique features of Grimm’s product EDM 164 are reliability, flexibility and the high cost efficiency of the devices. This compact device allows you simultaneous measurement of PM10, PM2.5, and PM1 as well as the optional particle size distribution in 31 channels.
For the output of measurement data of the Environmental Dust Monitor (EDM) 164, the high-performance software 1178 was developed by Grimm and tops this profile off.
The 8 most important performance characteristics of the model EDM 164
• Built according to measuring standards EN12341, EN14907, US-EPA und GOST-R
• Output of the measurement data as PM10, PM2.5, PM1, TC (Total Counts) and optionally the particle counts in 31 channels
• Output of the measurement results in real-time
• Self-test for verifying the readiness for use at every start
• Flow and refeeding of the permanent rinsing air for keeping the optical measuring cell clean
• Mobile stand-alone system
• Low maintenance and operating costs
• Modular expandability of the measuring modes
• 1178 32-bit software
• 1142.M5 data logger, data transfer to any PC world-wide via GSM, remote control
• 157L sensor for humidity, temperature and air pressure
• 158L sensor for humidity, temperature, air pressure, wind direction, wind speed
• 159L sensor for humidity, temperature, air pressure, wind direction, wind speed and precipitation
• 160V2 analog output adapter for PM10, PM2.5 and PM1; output 0-10V; range 0-6,000 µg/m3
• 1142.A4 Data storage card 4 MB
1142.M5 data logger
With the data logger you can retrieve and display your measuring data in real-time via the World Wide Web (GPRS-radio link and Ethernet). The data of the EDM 164 and the connected sensors are simultaneously collected and combined into one data string. Furthermore, the data logger can be used for the remote control of the Grimm dust monitors. The storage capacity of the data logger is 2GB and can be extended to a maximum of 4GB.
LabView® Software 1.178
With the new software 1.178 GRIMM programmed an excellent, user-friendly application software based on LabView®, which is compatible to all 32-/64-bit Windows operating systems from XP and up. PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 values are displayed numerically or graphically. Additionally, values of external climatic sensors and service data can be displayed.
The display and output of measuring data takes place in real-time (every 6 seconds) and is therefore suitable not only for data recording and data evaluation, but also for data presentation.